Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provides Secretarial Support to relevant staff in the Programme Unit with focus on the following:
- Preparation/editing/formatting of correspondence, emails, faxes, memoranda, reports, documents and/or presentations using standard software. Arranging appointments, scheduling meetings, receiving visitors, screening phone calls, making travel arrangements and responding to requests for information;
- Take dictation for critical correspondence and ensure their proper recording. Prioritize and bring critical matters to the attention of the supervisor.
- Retrieves information speedily by maintaining electronic and paper filing and other systems.
- Ensures availability of relevant factual information and supporting documentation highlighting key issues and providing appropriate detail for use in meetings, conferences and other events.
- Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit with focus on the following:
- Plans, schedules and co-ordinates travel and logistics for meetings, conferences and special events.
- Prepare and process checklists relating to payment requests, etc.
- Assist in coordinating the visits and programmes for national and international missions, including collection and collation of briefing material, etc, as required.
- Tracks, monitors and indents stationery items and office supplies etc. to ensure adequate resources are available.
- Maintain roster of consultants, partners in electronic form using standard/customized software.
- Support the provision of the Technical Assistance and management of Programme/Projects with focus on the following:
- Assist in preparation of Grants, Annual Work Plans and other similar contracts of Programme nature.
- Provides support in creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget/workplan revisions as well as facilitating operational and financial closure of a project.
- Assistance in generating various programme module reports in ATLAS.
- Supports ATLAS functions in Country office with focus on the following:
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for projects, making budget check for requisitions.
- Receipt data entry for goods and services in Atlas.
- Programme data entry in the ATLAS programme module and generation of reports.